What Kind Of Damage Can Wind Cause To An Above Ground Pool?
Damage can come in many forms: wind, storm, winter, accidental and purposely done. About 80% of damage comes from an uncontrollable source: MOTHER NATURE! This includes sources like winter, storm and wind.
High winds or wind damage can brutally mess up an above ground swimming pool if precautions are not taken as soon as possible and if the swimming pool has not been winterized or maintenance properly.
Some damages may include, but are not limited to:
- Indentations to the pool wall or shifting of the pool structure.
- Debris and waste blown towards or into the pool and pool structure.
It’s completely understandable that as a human being we have no control over Mother Nature. But we can sure try hard as heck to prevent her from completely ruining our investments.
Here are a few helpful hints and tips:
- At the time of installing an above ground swimming pool, make sure that the structure is sturdy and strong.
- Winterize your pool correctly.
- Cover your pool.
- Make sure the cover is secure and add any extra security such as winter water bags for additional support.